Sunday, 21 March 2010

I wrote the first bit of this last Sunday:

It’s been ages since I wrote anything. Sorry!!!

So, what’s happened since last time? Well, Starbucks closed down. We went in the following day to pack everything that was going to other stores or being put into storage and to throw away everything else. We all got to take a few souvenirs from the bin pile - mugs for example. The hoover, the scales, the desk chair and a fridge were all rehomed by ex staff.

It was an odd feeling being in the unit with it blocked off from the Tesco store and the big equipment having gone to other stores. Everything piled up in a corner waiting for the skip to arrive, including all the signage which I now wish I’d had at least a few letters of.

The following day we had our induction to the new company. We were also given our rota for training for the following three weeks. I was in Lincoln with the three lads I work with for the training period, and I have to say we had a great time. I’d usually do the driving up to Lincoln and we’d stop off at MacDonalds for coffee on the way there. The journey was usually hilarious however I won’t repeat the jokes here. I’m going to miss our morning coffee stop. I think it gave us a chance to really bond as a team as well.

I also had a trip to Leeds to train at Costa Coffee up there which was good. I’m now qualified to make their coffee which is something else to add to the CV. The least said about the rest of my Leeds trip the better as it involves me getting a bit drunk.

We’re now in the unit and are opening on Tuesday which is really exciting. I’m sure we’ll be ready by Tuesday morning but I suspect tomorrow (Monday) is going to be a stressful and busy day. I’ll be glad when it’s about two weeks from now, we’re all settled, we all know what we’re doing and we’ve got into a routine.

I do have a bit of good news as well - I’ve been made Team Leader which is their term for Assistant Manager. I’m really chuffed as I wanted a bit of responsibility.

I’m now writing this, a week later, again on a Sunday, and, well, lets just say things have changed slightly. The café opened on Tuesday, I handed in my notice on Thursday. Yes, it was that awful. I hated it so much I couldn’t stand to be there a moment longer. So, I am now unemployed but very very relieved.

I hardly saw the children, the hours were so long, in fact on Thursday night I saw them for the first time in two days when Craig brought them in to have something to eat.

There is possibly something else on the horizon so please cross your fingers for me! J

Other than that I haven’t had time for anything else. I did try and finish the Caterpillar quilt but my sewing machine kept playing up so it’s still sitting there waiting for me to give it another go. I will finish it. One day!

I am still going to the gym lots though and enjoying it. I’ve set myself a 6 week challenge to get myself into my size 10 jeans. I think I can do it with my new exercise programme. The gym has become my social life recently which is nice. Much as I love my friends with children it’s nice to talk to people that I have something different in common with and who in some cases don’t even know I have children at all. It’s nice to just put my ipod on full blast and just run or whatever it is I’m doing with no distractions.

So, that’s my update for now. No doubt it will be another few weeks before I write again. Before I go though, does anyone want to buy a dressmakers dummy? It’s a larger sized one and I don’t think it has ever been used (remember the one I got ages ago? Well, it’s that one but it’s going to be too big for me when I’m a size 8/10 again) £35 plus postage if you’re not close enough to collect.

Ciao for now! ;-)

No comments: