Wednesday 31 December 2008

New Years Eve



I finished Jack’s blanket last night which I am very pleased about. I did enjoy making it but by the end I was getting a bit fed up with being so close yet so far. Photo left. Jack likes it but refused to take it to bed with him. He wants it to stay downstairs, so it will live on the sofa.

I have started a second sock tonight - the other one of the pair I started making a while ago. Despite the fact they are too big for me I may have to keep them for myself anyway as I just love the colours. Sorry Craig. You can have the next pair!!

Tonight is New Years Eve. I’m not a huge fan of NYE I have to admit and don’t celebrate. I like the idea of New Year New Start though.

I have a few things I want to achieve this year. Ok, a lot of things!! I won’t list them but I hope to be able to post again this time next year and congratulate myself on how many I did.

It also means that I can’t fob people off with the response “oh, not until next year” when they ask me when I’m due anymore. And I can’t kid myself that I still have months to go anymore either.

One thing I won’t be doing is buying anymore fabric, yarn or craft stuff. Well, that is the intention anyway. I want to use up as much of what I have as possible over the next 12 months.

So, Happy New Year to you. Thank you for reading my blog in 2008, I hope you find it interesting enough to come back in 2009! And I hope your 2009 is a good one.

1 comment:

Laura said...

Its been lovely to catch up on your blog and see what you've been up to. Beautiful blanket!
Happy new year - may you achieve all you set out too! :)

Laura x