Friday 16 January 2009

A small arrival


Ok, so the photo probably just looks like a blue binliner that I've dumped on top of my wardrobe. But it's not just any old binliner - it's my homebirth kit!!

It arrived yesterday which was a bit of a surprise as I wasn't expecting it until next week but a nice surprise of course. Normally the arrival of it makes me feel a bit scared that it's all very imminent, but this time round it hasn't. It's just made me more impatient.

I really really really want the baby to come now. I'm only 37 weeks (well, 37+2) so I know that realistically it's more likely to happen in a few weeks time than it is anytime now but I've reached the point now where I am ready.

The house is ready - we had a mad cleaning frenzy earlier (ok, I had the mad frenzy, everyone else just joined in reluctantly) but I know it's probably going to be a nightly occurrence until the baby finally does come.

I'm even finding myself tempted by self induction methods but I am going to be strong. The baby will arrive when s/he is ready and it's not fair to mess about with nature. If it needs to be another 3 or 4 weeks then there will be a reason for that.

I will no doubt be completely mad by that point, lol

No comments: