Wednesday 20 May 2009

Bad news, good news

First of all, thank you for the comments on my last post (both on here and via email).

Laura - yep, you’re right, the jumper is Noro. Silk Garden shade 86 I think. The blanket under it is also Noro, this time Kureyon. I can’t remember which shades it is though (I used two different ones).

I do the same as Pippa, spend days cleaning my house before anyone comes round - in fact, until Pippa and her lovely children came to visit us recently I hadn’t had anyone round for over a year because I just couldn’t face the tidying up beforehand. I have a policy of having a clean tidy house for the first time someone comes round and after that you take me as you find me, lol

A couple of weeks ago I decided to move the furniture round in the living room - the rugs still haven’t been put back because I haven’t got round to finishing the hoovering for them to go back. I nearly did it today though, but got distracted by sorting my books out, lol

It’s great to know so many people are as good at housework as me!!! ;-)

I discovered something terrible yesterday. Regular readers will know about my Time Team obsession. Since I was bitten by the bug in February I have seen 102 of the 170 episodes made to date (not including the specials). As I’m no longer up for the 4.30am showing I tape them, and last night was setting the recorder for the next weeks worth only to discover that from Monday they are showing Scrapheap Challenge instead. Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! How could they???? Who on earth wants to watch Scrapheap Challenge at that time of the morning??? Ok, some of you are probably thinking “who on earth wants to watch Time Team full stop????”

All I can say is thank goodness for channel 4 on demand. Although they don’t appear to have the earliest episodes on there. I don’t suppose anyone has them on DVD I could borrow do they???

Did you see this? Lovely story

2 comments:

Becks said...

That story is lovely!
Cain and I have just had to watch it many times over, he loves ducks and baby duckies. Every viewing is followed by a hug of excitement when the duck family reach the pond.
Thanks for sharing.
xxx

Pippa said...

Oh, your email made me laugh (the bit about Time Team being taken over by scrapheap challenge!) and the duck bit made me cry, such a lovely, uplifting story. There are some really lovely people in the world aren't there! Thanks for posting that!